What does the Parent & Teacher association (PTA) do?
Totley Primary has an active PTA which organises fun events and activities to raise money for the school. These include a summer fair, film night, sparks & spooks disco, Easter egg hunt, quiz night and Christmas gift swap.
Click here for more information about our events.
How can I get involved?
There are lots of ways to get involved:
- The PTA committee meets about once a month, usually in the pub! Everyone is welcome and we are always keen to have new members – meeting dates are advertised on the notice board at the bottom of the school drive
- We have an AGM once a year in the autumn term and everyone is welcome to come along and hear about our activities over the past year and plans for future events
- Volunteer to help out at events and activities – you don’t have to attend meetings! We always appreciate offers of help at events – especially the summer fun day
- Make a suggestion for an activity or event that you think people would enjoy
- Take part in events and activities.
Look out for notices of events and activities around school and on the notice board at the bottom of the drive. Or simply speak to a PTA committee member if you want to know more.
Where does the money go?
The fantastic support that we get from parents, children and staff raises money to help subsidise whole school projects and events. Recently these have included the coaches that take the whole school to the pantomime each Christmas, a contribution towards the FS2 outdoor area, new tables for the outdoor dining area, new sports kits, leavers gifts for the Y6s, robotics equipment and Christmas presents for FS2 and KS1.
Who are they?
All parents and staff at Totley Primary are members of the PTA. Each year, a PTA committee is elected at the AGM. This year they are:
Adam Bond (Co-Chair)
Mark Johnson (Co-Chair)
Jayne Mills (Vice Chair)
Richard Crossland (Treasurer)
Rachel Nunn (Secretary)
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com