Hopefully you have all received your Spelling Shed login details. Spelling Shed is an online game where you can practise your spelling.
There are three kinds of game:
- Practice – This is the main game type and use used for assignments etc.
- Bee Keeper – Can you guess your words by choosing letters.
- Buzz Words – Make words using random letter tiles.
Practice Games have four difficulties:
- Easy – The word is shown, an audio clip is played and only the included letters are shown.
- Medium – An audio clip is played and only the included letters are shown.
- Hard – an audio clip is played and the included letters plus some random letters are shown.
- Extreme – An audio clip is played and a full qwerty keyboard is shown. Letters must be correctly accented and capitalised.
Honeypots are earned by spelling words correctly in all game types. Additional upgrades can be purchased using honeypots. A bit like TT Rockstars, where you can buy things for your character.
I have set an assignment for you to play, which meansthat the words it is testing you on are the Y3/4 spelling words. This will run up until half term.
Here is a quick summary of what to do: Spelling Shed instructions
You can play on Spelling Shed on a computer, or you could download the app on to a tablet or mobile.