Hello Murphys and Potters,
Another amazing week of home learning! We have enjoyed reading your postcards, and seeing so many budding mathematicians using their 2’s, 5’s and 10’s to solve multiplication number problems.
Here’s what we have been up to:
Mr Flevill has been baking healthy banana and coconut flapjacks using all the left over ingredients in the cupboard.
Mrs Mather has enjoyed watching the lambs and ducklings near her house growing bigger everyday. In this clip they are having fun chasing each other around the field.
This week we will be
- practising handwriting – thinking carefully about how to form each letter and where to place it on the line
- learning some new high frequency words – practicing writing compound words (e.g. tooth + paste = toothpaste)
- in maths we will be reminding ourselves of the names and properties of 2D shapes.
- reviewing some phonics sounds – using Read Write Inc Daily lesson videos on YouTube.
- continue our ‘Grandad’s Island’ learning journey in English – this week we will get to read the end of the story.
- doing some retrieval practice for things that we studied recently in topic and
- learning using our knowledge of human and physical features to compare two different locations.
Download the week 5 home learning packs here:
Monday Year 1 Monday week 5
Tuesday Year 1 Tuesday week 5
Wednesday Year 1 Wednesday week 5
Thursday Year 1 Thursday week 5
(The pack is also available as a .pdf Week 5 home learning pack )
If you don’t have access to a printer or would rather not print out so many pages, please feel free to adapt the work and write directly into your home learning notebooks. If you have finished the home learning workbook, feel free to use any notebook you have available (lined if possible). Have a great week.
Watch the videos for this week:
Monday – English Grandad’s Island 13
Tuesday – English Grandad’s Island 14
Wednesday – English Grandad’s Island 15
Thursday – English Grandad’s Island 16
Friday – no video – enjoy the bank holiday.
Daily Read Write Inc Phonics lessons https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ