Hello Murphys and Potters,
We have loved seeing photos and videos of your maths dances, ocean poems, jungle scenes and all the other super home learning that you have been doing. It is fantastic to see you all using great attitudes to learning. Amazing work!
Here’s what we have been up to:
Mr Flevill has been learning to play a school favourite, ‘Count on Me’ on his ukulele.
Mrs Mather has been keeping a photo diary of the courgette seeds that she planted at the beginning of the holiday. It took nearly 3 weeks for the shoot to appear but look what was happening under the surface of the soil!
This week we will be
- practising handwriting – thinking carefully about how to form each letter and where to place it on the line
- learning some new high frequency words – practicing adding the prefix ‘un’ to make a word mean ‘not …..’ (e.g. ‘unkind’ means ‘not kind’)
- in maths we will be practising counting in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s and using those facts to solve multiplication number sentences.
- reviewing some phonics sounds – using Read Write Inc Daily lesson videos on YouTube.
- continue our ‘Grandad’s Island’ learning journey in English.
- doing some retrieval practice for things that we studied recently in topic and
- learning how humans and animals change as they grow.
Download the week 4 home learning packs here:
Monday Year 1 Monday week 4
Tuesday Year 1 Tuesday week 4
Wednesday Year 1 Wednesday week 4
Thursday Year 1 Thursday week 4
Friday Year 1 Friday week 4
(The pack is also available as a .pdf Year 1 home learning week 4 )
If you don’t have access to a printer or would rather not print out so many pages, please feel free to adapt the work and write directly into your home learning notebooks. For example, for Monday’s maths you could write a series of dashes on the page, fill in some of the numbers and let your child add the missing numbers.
Watch the videos for this week:
Monday– English Grandad’s Island 09
Tuesday– English – Grandad’s Island 10
Wednesday– English – Grandad’s Island 11
Thursday – English – Grandad’s Island 12
Friday– English – no video
Daily Read Write Inc Phonics lessons https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
Chicken lifecycle video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jScJ9neiWg0
Frog lifecycle video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmlaclb3K2o