Hello Murphys and Potters,
It has been another beautiful week of Spring weather. We are missing you all and looking forward to the day when we can be in school together again. We have really enjoyed all the photo that you have been sending us of your fantastic home learning. Amazing work everyone and a big shout out to all of the grown ups for their support!
Here’s what we have been up to:
Mr Flevill has stained his fingers green after spending the Easter holidays tidying his garden!
Mrs Mather had been planting some courgettes and doing some painting and drawing.
This week we will be
- practising handwriting – thinking carefully about how to form each letter and where to place it on the line
- learning some new high frequency words – words ending in ‘y’
- in maths we will be learning to tell the time – quarter past and quarter to.
- reviewing some phonics sounds – this week we will be using Read Write Inc Daily lesson videos on YouTube.
- continue our ‘Grandad’s Island’ learning journey in English.
- doing some retrieval practice for things that we studied recently in topic and
- learning some more about plants and trees.
Download the week 3 home learning packs here:
Monday Year 1 Monday week 3
Tuesday Year 1 Tuesday week 3
Wednesday Year 1 Wednesday week 3
Thursday Year 1 Thursday week 3
Friday Year 1 Friday week 3
(The pack is also available as a .pdf Year 1 Week 3 home learning pack)
We realise that this pack contains a lot of pages, and that for many of you, printing all of these pages out is not possible. If this is the case, many of the activities can easily be adapted and written or drawn directly into your home learning books. Just write the date and subject, and then start writing directly into your books. (For example, for the morning job, you could write the number words, the sentence and the maths problem directly into your book.)
Watch the videos for this week:
Monday– English Grandad’s Island 05
Monday – Maths
Tuesday– English Grandad’s Island 06
Tuesday – Maths
Wednesday– English Grandad’s Island 07
Wednesday – Maths
Thursday– English Grandad’s Island 08
Thursday – Maths
Thursday – Topic
Friday– No video today – free writing activity
Daily Read Write Inc phonics lessons https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
Plants – tree growth quiz https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks1/science/plants-tree-growth/