Hello Murphys and Potters.
Hope you had a good Easter break and were able to enjoy the sunshine, albeit with some restrictions. Hasn’t it been great watching Spring arrive?!
We are excited about this half term’s learning and hope that you will share your home learning journey with us so that we don’t feel that we are missing out on all the fun!
This week we will be
- practising handwriting – thinking carefully about how to form each letter and where to place it on the line
- learning some new high frequency words – some more number words
- in maths we will be exploring capacity and revisiting time
- reviewing some phonics sounds – ar, oo, er, oi
- starting a new learning journey in English which will culminate in writing our own story. There is a 10-15 minute video for each English lesson that will introduce and guide you through the English activity. (This is a new idea (and a work in progress!) so let us have your feedback about whether it is working for you or not)
- doing some retrieval practise for things that we studied recently in topic and
- keeping a weather diary
Download the week 2 home learning pack here: Year 1 home learning week 2
p1 Timetable for the week
Monday – enjoy the bank holiday
We realise that this pack contains a lot of pages, and that for many of you, printing all of these pages out is not possible. If this is the case, many of the activities can easily be adapted and written or drawn directly into your home learning books. Just write the date and subject, and then start writing directly into your books. (For example, for the morning job, you could write the number words, the sentence and the maths problem directly into your book.)
Watch the videos for this week:
Tuesday – English Grandad’s Island 01
Wednesday – English Grandad’s Island 02
Thursday – English- Grandad’s island 03
Friday – English Grandad’s Island 04
phonics video ar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLFON8qBZsE
phonics video oo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONgqoexO8gY
Phonics video er https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taa3ANEyN_Y
Phonics video oi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-0wWdE-Ezg
phonics play https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Weather watcher video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo8lbeVVb4M
Don’t forget that we are available to help and support you in any way we can. Please keep in touch with questions, challenges and celebrations of success!
Mr Flevill and Mrs Mather