Hi Murphys and Potters,
What another fantastic week of home learning! We have really enjoyed reading your pirate writing, watching you become experts at sharing quantities, and seeing some very creative weaving projects. This week is an exciting week – we will all continue to learn at home and some of us will be in school for a couple of days. Whether we are at school or at home we will all be working on the same projects! To help us with the transition back to school for some, this week will be a bit of a review to consolidate our learning so far.
- In maths we will be doing a review sheet each day- this will help us demonstrate all the amazing maths skills we have developed in year one and help us spot any areas we need some extra practice on.
- In English we are going to be using our imaginations and our super writing skills to write about 5 pictures. This is the perfect time to show our fantastic handwriting, punctuation, adjectives and conjunctions!
- In topic we are going to look at art work from 5 famous artists and see if we can produce some art work inspired by them.
- In phonics, we will keep working on the Read Write Inc set 3 sounds.
Your feedback about any tricky areas in the maths and English review work would be really helpful for our planning over the last few weeks of term.
If you would like extra materials to supplement this week’s learning, there are some great resources on the Oak National Academy website. https://classroom.thenational.academy/schedule-by-year/year-1/
The home learning packs will run slightly differently to account for the children coming to school and those staying at home.
- First, you will find the packs for children home learning for the whole week.
- Next, you will find the home learning for children attending the Monday/Tuesday bubble (This will be provided on Monday so there is no need to print this.)
- Finally, you will find the home learning for children attending the Thursday/ Friday bubble.
1. Home learning all week:
Monday Y1 Monday week 10
Tuesday Y1 Tuesday week 10
Wednesday Y1 Wednesday week 10
Thursday Y1 Thursday week 10
Friday Y1 Friday week 10
(The pack is also available as a .pdf home learning week 10)
2. In school – Monday and Tuesday; Home Learning – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Your Monday and Tuesday work is printed off and waiting for you. Your home learning is also printed off for you and will be take home on Monday.
If you need another copy here is the PDF: home learning week 10 Mon Tues
Wednesday (Day 1 of home learning)
Thursday (Day 2 of home learning)
Friday (Day 3 of home learning)
3. Home learning – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday; In school – Thursday, Friday
Your Thursday and Friday work is printed off and waiting for you at school. Yo will need to print off your home learning this week. In future it will be printed off at school on the Friday to be taken home for the following week.
Monday (Day 1 of home learning)
Tuesday (Day 2 of home learning)
Wednesday (Day 3 of home learning)
Here is the home learning PDF: home learning week 10 Thur Fri
If you don’t have access to a printer or would rather not print out so many pages, please feel free to adapt the work and write directly into your home learning notebooks. If you have finished the home learning workbook, feel free to use any notebook you have available (lined if possible). Have a great week.
PE with Joe Wicks https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1/videos