The whole school used art to think about World War One and learn about what Remembrance means.
Each class did a different style of art:
- FS2 used their fine motor skills to create poppy wreaths. They baked and decorated Remembrance biscuits in our new cooking room
- Year 1 used vegetables to make repeated printed patterns
- Year 2 learnt about tone, shade and silhouettes
- Year 3 made collagraph printing blocks
- Year 4 created 3D forms and learnt about how World War One affected Totley and Sheffield
- Year5 used sewing skills to create felt poppies and used a range of media and techniques to create abstract art to capture mood and atmosphere
Check out some pictures below of our work in progress. More to follow!