We are pleased to be able to tell you that we have had our planning application approved and work to create the additional space required for Totley to become a two-form entry school will begin in earnest. After long delays and set-backs, it was really good to finally get this approval and to have this ratified by the Mercia Learning Trust this week. This blog will hopefully be updated regularly with pictures, information and updates as we head into this venture together! We are working on the ability for our website to host questions posed by yourselves for us to answer, but we haven’t quite managed that yet!
As part of the planning approval, some conditions were applied to ensure that the planners were happy to proceed. A lot of the conditions were for the Council to provide evidence that certain procedures were in place, tests had been completed and thought had been given to the fact that they are working on a school site and within a residential community. The list of these can be found below.
- 10% renewable energy provision
- Construction Vehicle management plan
- Construction dust control measures
- Air Quality report– which refer to construction dust control for the most part.
- Proposed Surface water drainage design
- Proposed Surface water disposal
- Highway improvements including pedestrian crossing to Baslow Road, pedestrian barriers to Baslow Road, associated traffic regulation orders.
- Details of Highway improvement works
- Wheel washing to construction vehicles
- Full hard and soft landscape scheme – this is a muga line marking detail and tree species list
- Tree protection measures
- Soil contamination results to muga side
- Lighting Impact report
- Implementation of recommendations of para 4.4 of Bat Survey
- Details of proposed materials
- Any site remediation works noted in Phase 2 site investigation
- Details travel plan
- Remediation strategy
- Remediation Validation
20. Provision of Cycle parking
- Provision of Car parking
- Maintenance of Soft landscaping for 5yrs
- Notification of Landscape works completion
- Construction hours of work
Some of these conditions were pre-commencement conditions (nos. 1-10). As you can see, that included the new pedestrian crossing on Baslow Road. This was agreed that this was not feasible to get done before 29th January as the planning application had been delayed getting to the planning board. However, a letter of intent to complete this work before occupation has been entered to the planner and he has accepted this as acknowledgement of this condition. I am sure, like me, you are really pleased to hear that the community will benefit from a crossing on Baslow Road and that it is a stipulated condition in the planning approval. We are certainly pleased about this!
As for moving forward, please keep an eye on this blog for updates and pictures as the project develops!